Xangati VDI Dashboard
The Xangati Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Dashboard provides the industry’s first solution to comprehensively track end-to-end all key infrastructure components that affect VDI end-user experience.
“When IT gives a user a laptop with applications residing on it, it traditionally has been the user’s “job” not to break it. Now IT has to worry about availability and performance for an increasing number of applications and desktops.”
- Gartner Research: Managing the End-User Application and Desktop Experience
The Xangati Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) dashboard leverages Xangati’s patent-pending performance health engine to provide the end-user computing team with a live to the second awareness of the performance health of all the moving parts within their VDI without requiring software agents.
What makes the Xangati Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) different from other performance management solutions?
- Live and continuous UI with second by second visualization of all VDI infrastructure component with a “DVR” scroll-bar
- In-memory performance management engine that has an object-handling time at the microsecond level in contrast to database-driven solutions that can only provide post-mortem insights
- End-to-end dashboard tracking clients, desktops, end-users, network, storage, hypervisor activity as well connection brokers, application streaming servers
- Proactive VDI performance health index with alerts that come with DVR recordings showing the source of contention storms in high resolution detail
- Alert recordings can be shared across the various IT disciplines to immediately remediate issues
- Ability to see guest processes and VDI end-users’ activity without the need for guest-level software agents
- Deep storage insights that help you track and plan your IOPS requirements based upon actual activity not just an assessment model
- End-user issues can be tracked through a end-user recording portal that can be integrated with your service desk software
With these unique capabilities end-user computing teams can leverage the Xangati VDI Dashboard to answer the following questions.
How do we:
- confirm that storage performance is at the heart of our VDI issues?
- answer why a desktop is performing poorly when a user calls in?
- prove that a specific WAN connection is responsible for poor user experience?
- know what the actual IOPs per user is in my environment—which I need for scaling up purposes?
- prevent users from being the first to let me know that my VDI is broken?
- know if ThinApp, AppV or Citrix provisioning servers might be part of the performance problem?
- see if anti-virus might be a culprit for performance issues?
- track my active user community vs. just who is logged in?
As a result, the VDI dashboard provides end-user computing teams and their executive staff the following business benefits admins benefits across the entire VDI lifecycle
- Dramatic improvements in assurance of VDI end-user experience (EUX)
- Accelerated time to problem resolution of over 70% allowing for rapid scale of the VDI end-user community
- Enhanced productivity of your incident management process through DVR recordings of EUX issues that can be leveraged from the service desk up to senior escalation staff
- Proactively preparing for additional hardware requirements by clearly understanding storage IOPs and CPU/memory requirements in actual production