Xangati VI Dashboard
Maintaining virtualization performance is essential in server virtualization and cloud environments. Xangati Virtual Infrastructure (VI) Dashboard helps you improve performance by tracking all the virtual and physical infrastructure components—including applications.
“Xangati has once again demonstrated its talent for developing and delivering innovative infrastructure performance management solutions that are needed to help businesses successfully implement and benefit from transformational technologies, such as virtualization.”
- Bernd Harzog, analyst at The Virtualization Practice
Xangati Virtual Infrastructure (VI) leverages Xangati’s performance health engine to enable administrators to proactively down contention storms that are intermittently affecting the performance of their virtualized applications.
What makes the Xangati Virtual Infrastructure (VI) Dashboard different from other performance management solutions?
- Live and continuous UI with second by second visualization with “DVR” scroll-bar
- In-memory performance management engine that has an object-handling time at the microsecond level in contrast to database-driven solutions that can only provide post-mortem insights
- Cross-silo (network, server, hypervisor, storage, desktop, client, application) interactions tracked in 3600
- Proactive VI performance health index with alerts that come with DVR recordings showing the source of contention storms in high resolution detail
- Alert recordings can be shared across the various IT disciplines to immediately remediate issues
- Correlation of cross-silo metrics to illuminate multi-dimensional performance issues—e.g. problems fluctuating between storage contention and CPU contention
- Integrated performance management and capacity management in one common dashboard
- With these unique capabilities the virtualization/cloud administrator teams end-user teams can leverage the Xangati VI Dashboard to answer the following questions.
How do we:
- identify a specific server performance issue when vCenter stats tell me its fine?
- know what VMs are resource hogs and if these resources are being used appropriately?
- plan for capacity proactively for our multi-datacenter environment?
- know if my datastores are properly balanced in terms of IOPS distribution?
- prove a storage latency issue?
- see if there is a networking issue affecting my NFS or iSCSI storage performance?
- isolate the root cause of a performance issue affecting a multi-tier, database driven application?
- know what interactions are actually driving vCenter alerts?
As a result, the VI dashboard provides admins significant productivity benefits
- Dramatic improvements in performance assurance of your virtualized applications and end-users
- Accelerated time to problem resolution of over 70% allowing senior IT staff to focus on strategic projects
- Enhanced customer satisfaction with greater transparency in engaging with line of business (LOB) customers
- Proactively preparing for additional hardware requirements so optimal performance is maintained
- Optimization of current cloud/virtual environments through great understanding of the interactions between servers, network, storage and applications.